Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum

Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum

Written By Sara Phillips
HoChiMinh_mausoleum

This is a picture of the front of the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. On certain days during the week Uncle Ho’s body is brought for the people to come see for a limited number of hours.  I went in the morning and expected to wait in line, but I was surprised to walk from security to the entrance of the Mausoleum in less then 30 minutes.  The Mausoleum is a large memorial building in the center of Ba Dinh Square and is also the location where Uncle Ho read the Declaration of Independence.

Deciding to go see Ho Chi Minh’s memorial seemed like a once in a lifetime experience and an opportunity that I might not have agian so I decided to go with friends.  I wasn’t sure what to expect, I knew they take the take the memorial of Ho Chi Minh very serious and expect you to be respectful. There were lots of military guards directing traffic and standing guard of the building.  Once inside the building the line moved rather fast, we walked in rows of two until the main building.  When we reached the viewing room we walked single file around uncle Ho.  He was in a glass case with dim lights and was guarded by four military personnel.  It was a very different experience, his body was so well preserved and every detail taken care of.  Overall it was a good experience and it was easy to see the respect the country of Vietnam has for Ho Chi Minh.

Ho_Chi_Minh_Mausoleum_1

Beautiful memorial building.  A lot of thought went into this building to honor the memory or Ho Chi Minh.

HoCarving

Ho Chi Minh

Study Abroad
 Ken Friesen

Ken Friesen