Why Missions and Why Cape Town?
Why Missions and Why Cape Town?
In Matthew 28:19 -20 Jesus commands the church to go into all of the world and make disciples. This call given to the believer over 2000 years ago is yet being heard loud and clear all over the world. The Angelos Biblical Institute is responding to the call, and encouraging Christ following messengers all over the globe to do the same. Five years ago, an invitation from South Africa arrived on the President of ABI’s desk inviting the team to come and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Since that invite ABI has gone twice in 1 year to hold conferences, rallies and workshops for the cause of Christ.
Cape Town is a Major country in Africa, and reaches all of the continent with its economic engine. The vision is to reach all of Africa from Cape Town. This call to missions is also a call to spiritual warfare, because we have an enemy who opposes the work of the gospel on every front.
Jesus declares in John 12:31 that Satan is the god of this world. He is ruler of earth. In Jesus’ prayer to His Father, He announces that the prince of this world is now to be judged (John 16:11). In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the Apostle Paul declares that Satan is the god of this age, and he has blinded the minds of humanity so that they cannot see the glorious gospel of the light of Christ. Satan is the enemy of man and opposes him and God, refusing to allow man access to God. His name is also known as Belial, the worthless one (2 Cor 6:15).
According to Paul, Satan is the chief architect of chaos and warfare against God, man and the angels (Eph 2:2). Paul says to the Church of Ephesus that at one time when they were living in sin, they followed the prince and power of this world, a spirit who works and lives in the children of disobedience. This describes the influence and superior nature of Satan, the archenemy of good, man and God.
Though this enemy and fallen being has many names, he only has one objective: to fight against the believer and the work of God on the earth. This is spiritual warfare. Ephesians 6:11 explains that spiritual war is fought against spiritual powers and beings with authority in unseen places. Scripture affirms that an evil personality is in the universe who opposes the children and the kingdom of God. So it is in this blog, that I am soliciting your prayers. Here’s how you can help us in the mission;
- Please pray for good travel to and from mission locations
- Please pray for good translators to make the message clear
- Please pray for missionaries in the region to be encouraged and equipped for the work of the ministry
- Please pray for finances to come in to complete the needs that are before them
- Please pray for our schedules that we would be rested and prepared to endure them
- Please pray for our housing protection and provisions
- Please pray for team work and unity among all of their team members
- Please pray for God’s divine protection as we enter into spiritual warfare and places where the enemy dwells
- Please pray for the message of the gospel and the power to proclaim it.
- Please pray for all provisions needed to build up the saints in our region. May the Grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be glorified in your labors as well.AW
For Christ and His Kingdom