One of the greatest things known to the body of Christ is Prayer. Prayer is the catalyst for spiritual growth, spiritual intimacy, building tighter and closer relationships, and opening up the eyes of our spiritual understanding. When a brother or a sister prays for you, it is one of the sweetest things a saint could ever give or offer of themselves.
- Prayer is the friend of the believer,
- Prayer is a confidant in the times of trouble.
- Prayer helps you to get through trials and tribulations.
- Prayer helps you in seasons of confusion and dismay.
- Without Prayer, the child of God could not make it in tough times
- Without prayer, the child of God would be hopeless. For it is prayer that enables the believer to hope and trust in the God of heaven and earth.
It is prayer that assures us that all will be o.k when it looks like life is about to drive us crazy. It is prayer that unites the believers together.
- It is prayer that drives the enemy away.
- It is prayer that strengthens the saint
- It is prayer that God hears and answers
- It is prayer that supports you in missions
- It is prayer that creates in you the ability to understand
- It is prayer that the believer cannot live without
So, when the church of Jesus Christ is praying for you, it is a blessing that supersedes all of the hidden treasures of life. When we pray for one another we are requesting for our God, who made the entire human race to intervene for us and to do some great act of grace that we are in need of. (I don’t know about you, but I love it when the saints pray) Prayer is Holy.
Holy Prayer is motivated in love, Holy prayer is cultivated by love, Holy prayer is stimulated by love and Holy prayer is born in the heart of the one who is praying for you.
Today’s text begins as an actual prayer. It is the prayer of the Apostle Paul for the churches scattered through Ephesus. He is in prison writing this letter. As he sits down in prison, confined for preaching the gospel he’s got the churches on his mind.
These churches were special to the Apostle. They had a grip on his heart and special place in his mind. He loved Ephesus, and thought of her often. She was sentimental to him, she was sacred to him, she was special to him and here we get a glimpse of the special relationship that he had with her.
The Bible say’s: Ephesians 1:15-16; Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers:
Paul’s thoughts for them are revealed in his prayer request for their spiritual growth and development in Christ. Paul ends up meditating on what God had already gave to the Church (Jesus) and he is caught up in the revelation of Christ.
It is God’s mighty power that works to raise men and women from sin, as it worked to raise Christ from the dead, It is the Power of God to save a lost and dying world. The power that God the Father Raised Jesus His Son with from the dead gives testimony to the world of Christ Power. For the same Power that rose Jesus is alive working through Jesus. He is Lord of the Resurrection. This is the power that we have in prayer and the privilege we have in Christ.
The Lord is on our side. Keep Praying. Keep serving. Keep leading and Keep Believing.