A Thankful Student: Molly Fink

Dear Mom and Dad,

As a commuter, a line that I constantly hear from residents is, “don’t you wish you lived on campus! It’s so much fun!” This used to make me feel like I was missing out on so much, but because of you both, I don’t feel that way anymore.

Mom and Dad, I cannot thank you enough for your constant supply of food. While everyone else is eating cafeteria food, I get to come home to your amazing dinners. I cannot express enough how much I love it when you surprise me by doing my laundry. Mom, you would cringe if you knew how long some residents go without clean laundry! Mom and Dad, the way that you feed me, listen to me and give me good advice at the end of a long day goes a long way. Having you as my sounding boards changes my day completely.

Best friends and roommates are great supporters, but they will never be the same as having loving and supportive parents like you. Sure, living on campus would be fun, but I enjoy living with you both much more.

– Molly

Molly Fink is a sophomore commuter student who is studying communication. She is also the Residence Life Office Assistant and a member of the Cheer Team.