Things I Will Miss-Learning Places

Last week I talked about the different learning experiences I have had while at Fresno Pacific. This week I want to share with you some of my favorite learning places. If you have read any of my blogs, chances are you have read about The Table 2.0. There’s a lot of reasons for this, the primary one being this is my favorite place to study on campus. The Table 2.0 is located at the top of the stairs in McDonald Hall and it’s passed by frequently. You may think this would be a distracting place to study, but in reality it’s got just enough distraction. I go crazy studying in complete silence, so being in a place where people walk by frequently and a few even stop and say hey is just the right amount of distraction for me. I also really like The Table 2.0 because there’s enough space to spread out notes, books and computers and tablets while everything is still in reach. It is basically the perfect studying spot. If someone is sitting at The Table 2.0, I will usually go to the library. This is not as much of a favorite because it is too quiet, and oftentimes I want to fall asleep. But, when there’s a lot to get done, it works out well. The third and final place I like to study is in one of my professors’ office. I love this location because it is really quiet, especially when the door is locked and no one is there, but you can see the sunset. It’s gorgeous and studying in there reminds me that I have a lot to be thankful for. The classrooms on campus are great for classes, but when it comes time to learn on my own, these are my favorite places. Underclassmen, I strongly encourage you to find your favorite learning places early on and claim them!