A Much Needed Monday Holiday

Well, it’s only been the first week of classes, which for me means three days of school. I have all the syllabus dates put into my planner and my checklist and it seems like I’m already swimming. I mean, I’m not already that behind, but there’s a lot of reading for me to do this semester. Thankfully it is all extremely interesting but it takes time. And that’s time away from watching Grey’s Anatomy (but really though). I’m so close to finishing the eleventh season, and lately, that’s all I’ve wanted to do. After all, once I finish and get caught up with what’s going on, I won’t have a Netflix show to binge watch for a while. Well, maybe that’s not true. I’m sure I’ll find something to watch. Regardless, I needed a Monday holiday. So, today was perfectly timed and much needed. I needed an extra day to get back into the rhythm of school, and only a two-day week ahead. Really though, I needed this extra day to get over whatever bug it is I have.

Two years ago when I was going about my summer I started to have some serious stomach issues. After a lot of tests and doctors not even really knowing where to begin and a lot of attempted medicines, they came to the conclusion that I have a GI disorder as well as a weak immune system. There’s nothing they can really do to help either of these things other than suggest I stay away from anyone and everyone that’s sick (yeah right), and give me medication to help when I am starting to get sick. Thankfully, the GI issues haven’t really presented themselves in a while, however, this weak immune system has quite frequently now. Twice this year I’ve gotten sick, and when I’m sick it’s almost debilitating. What may be a cold for one person ends up keeping me in bed all day sleeping. So, when I woke up this morning, and realized I was sick yet again, I realized how grateful I am to have the day off to take it easy and to drink enough fluids and eat right so I’ll be back on my game tomorrow.

I realize that this semester is just going to fly by and I don’t want to be watching from my bed. I want to be part of what’s happening right in front of me.