Midterm Break

Midterm week definitely got the best of me. It was the first time as far as I can remember that I had a midterm in each one of my classes, and it caught me totally off-guard. It’s supposed to be one of my easiest semesters yet due to only having 15 units to take, and most of those being classes I enjoy, however, there’s something about having an exam in each class that makes it not so easy. I think the reason this semester’s midterms were so difficult is because I had 4 of them in a 24-hour period. However, I can safely say that I am glad they are finished, and I can look forward to the rest of the semester. So, instead of focusing on the frustrating few days I had where I wanted to quit school, let me share a little about my break.

It didn’t start out as a break, that’s for sure. I started by going up to camp with the freshmen President’s Scholars for their retreat. I helped lead games and discussions, as well as shared a little from my experience at FPU. I enjoyed being with them, but I enjoyed being unplugged even more. I enjoyed being in the mountains and hiking with one of my friends without having the distractions of texts, emails, or notifications. It was extremely peaceful, and I realized how I need to do trips like that more often. I loved the weather while at camp, mostly because it was raining, but also because it was a change from the 80+ degree weather we’ve been having here in Fresno. Although I was “working” throughout the retreat, it was rather restful. I came back on Saturday, and was motivated to work on and finish my homework oddly enough, and relax and take it easy.

Sunday came with its own fun. I went to my internship site and had a new experience, and then got ready to walk in the CROP Walk, which is a walk to help end hunger. It was only two miles, but I had a blast with it, not only because I got to participate in it with my internship church, but also because I saw Wayne, Dave, and Joe. So, of course we had to take a selfie. After the walk was finished, I went home to clean my room (boring) and watch some Netflix. Let me tell you, I love me some Netflix. I guess to some this would be a lame way to spend midterm break because I didn’t get to sleep in or have an all day Netflix day, but I couldn’t have asked to spend it any other way. Now that I’ve kind of had a break, I’m looking forward to what the rest of the semester brings…at least for now.