This Blog is Brought to You By…

This blog is brought to you by lack of procrastination. As I sit here writing this blog, I can safely and excitedly say, all the homework I can do for this upcoming week is done! And some of the things I have due next week are already in the works! People say that around senior year, you get this mystical thing called senioritis. I do not believe that exists for two reasons. First, it still has yet to hit me that it is senior year. Second, if I’m supposed to be slacking off, why is everything done ahead of time???

Anyways, the purpose of this blog is to remind you not to procrastinate. Why you might ask? Well, let me tell you. In my three completed years of college I have found that waiting until the last minute never works out very well. A computer crashes, a book got left at home, you read the page length incorrectly, or life just happens and there’s not nearly enough time to finish what you need to. These are all things that I’ve dealt with, that you should learn from my mistakes instead of making them yourselves. I’ve found that doing things shortly after they are assigned usually pays off. This is because the night before a paper is due someone will inevitably invite you to do something way cooler than writing your paper, such as going to tacos. Unfortunately you will have to decline because your 10 page research paper won’t research itself. Then you will be bitter as you write the paper. True story. So, moral of the story? Start working on things early! Then it won’t seem like so much later on, and life will be just a little more manageable.

P.S. This isn’t only for college students. The same concept works with high school students as well!

• Walter Saul

Bravo! Beautifully shared, Randy! Hope you get a chance to share this verbally during our Faculty Work Day!