12019826_631086747031675_4971914468364783802_n

Christmas and United

Two things happened this last week that I really want to share about. The first is the 100 Days ‘Til Christmas party. What’s not to love about that! There’s sweet treats and they’re Christmas themed, and we got to celebrate at work. It sounds like a win, win, win to me. For those of you who are new to the blog, or have no idea what the 100 Days ‘Til Christmas party is, it is exactly what it sounds like. The University Communications and Marketing team decorates for Christmas, has a countdown calendar and coordinates lots of yummy desserts for everyone on the team, past and present, as well as some other honored guests. It’s a time to set work aside for close to an hour and catch up with each other on a personal level, as well as spend time with the children of team members. It’s super fun and definitely worth missing class for (Thanks Quentin!). I’m just really sad this is my last 100 Days party since I graduate in May.

The second thing I was part of this week that was really neat was the city-wide See You At The Pole night of worship and prayer. SYATP for short. The youth leaders/pastors/directors pictured above worked together for the last four months to put together a night of worship and prayer for the youth from the Fresno/Clovis/Sanger area and beyond to get them excited for National Week of Prayer for Youth and SYATP. Now you may be thinking, what took them so long to get their act together? Well, this group of youth leaders are from all different denominations, with all different titles and schedules, so to make sure everyone knew exactly, or at least close to exactly, what they were supposed to be doing took a lot of work, and my friend Jameson did a wonderful job of coordinating it all. Anyways, back to the point of it all. Part of the awesomeness of being a youth director is not only do I get to work with some really awesome and talented youth directors/pastors/leaders, but I also get to hang out with their students, worship with them, pray with them, and just hang out with them. So, needless to say, seeing a room of 600+ students praying for their city and schools, and singing together was extremely powerful. Not quite the same experience as worshipping with 30,000+ people, but still really cool! So, pray for all those youth as they go to their flagpoles this Wednesday morning at 7:00 A.M. to pray for their schools, teachers, coaches, friends, the state, the nation and the world. They are going to start a movement, I feel it. Although there were points during the week that were less than stellar, and a few tears were shed, these two events made the week one to remember.

Oh! And thanks to Jameson’s phone that took this picture!