I’m a Senior?

Yes, that’s a portion of my first day of school picture…

So, I was informed today that it was my first day of my senior year of college. I don’t believe it. It doesn’t feel like three years have already passed. It doesn’t feel like I’ve already taken 125 units and only have 25 more to go. It doesn’t feel like 3 years ago I was eating all my meals in the caf. It doesn’t feel like 5 move-ins, and 6 semesters. It doesn’t feel like I’ve commuted from home for the last year now. It can’t have been 3 years ago. After all, I remember meeting with Emilee, my admissions counselor, what seemed like monthly to see what kind of scholarships I was eligible for my senior year in high school. I remember applying to FPU. I remember meeting with Quentin the first time to register for classes. There’s no way that was four years ago. Unfortunately and I guess fortunately, it has been, and I was reminded of that every time I walked into the office. (Thanks Jared!) I’ve learned a lot and grown a lot. I’ve cried a lot and groaned a lot. I’ve loved a lot and I’ve gotten hurt a lot too, but that’s what college is for. It’s for learning about yourself and figuring out what’s next. It’s about figuring out where you fit in life and finding your own unique path. But, enough of me being philosophical, let’s go back to my first day. It was great. Nothing incredible happened. It was a first day of school. I had two classes, worked all day, and had a few meetings, but overall I would say it was a great first day. I’m looking forward to what the rest of the semester brings, and the memories I will make along the way.