Things I Love-Part 7-The Computer Lab

If you are close to me, or have talked to me at all since mid-February you would know that for the past 52 days my computer has been having some serious issues. These issues have amounted in over 25 hours either at the Apple Store trying to get them fixed, or on the phone with 1-800-MYAPPLE. This also meant that I have been without a working computer for hours at a time, or most recently for 3 days and nights. Needless to say, it’s hard to get papers written and assignments turned in on time if my computer doesn’t work, or even turn on for that matter. So, for that I am very thankful and love the fact that Fresno Pacific has multiple computer labs that any student can use. There’s lots of computers that students can use at any point in time for as long as they need. This was extremely helpful over the last week as I was able to work from GoogleDrive to get some of the larger assignments done ahead of time while I was waiting for classes to start. This way when I went home, I could focus on other things that had to get done and not how I only had a few hours to write pages upon pages of papers.

I also have to mention that I LOVE the fact there is free printing at the school. This means when a professor assigns a chapter or two to read that are attached online, I can print them out, make notes and not have to squint at the computer screen to see what it says. I have definitely taken advantage of the free printing by printing out notes for classes, drafts of papers, articles to use as sources and many other things. Needless to say, the school has good technological support, but don’t get me started about the wifi. 😉