A FULL Office

When I first started working in the University Communications and Marketing office at Fresno Pacific, three years and seven months ago (yes I count, it was my first job!) I was overwhelmed. I was overwhelmed by the amount of work that I had to do, and the fact that there were so many people in such a small office. However, as I continued working, I got used to the distractions of many people working on different things at the same time, and oftentimes many other people coming in and distracting us all.

I found that during the summers when it was just me and one other person, or only me at times, I would get lonely, and it was kind of weird being in the quiet where work got done rather efficiently. All that to say, this calendar year has been pretty strange. The office has been rather empty, and I have found myself in the office alone for most of my shifts. This is due to my boss being on disability, one of the graphic designers being out on paternity leave, and the creative director being away in meetings, or supervising photo shoots most the days. I’ve been alone. Alone to listen to whatever music I want. Alone to be extremely productive. Alone to hear myself think. So, needless to say, I was pretty stoked when I walked into the office and it was full. Every  chair (except for mine) was filled and everyone was talking with each other. It was the way it used to be, and it was awesome! The office was full of laughter and tears and people trying to work. Just the way it should be. I miss days like these and I look forward to when it will be this way again, soon.