It’s Only the First Week….

So I have to say that as much as I am glad to have a “regular” routine again, this semester has me nervous already. I love my classes, well at least most all of them, and my professors seem really cool, especially the ones I have multiple times each day, but the workload is a lot. There’s a lot of reading to be done in what seems like a short period of time. This weekend alone I needed to read 345 pages and write four responses to what I read, and that’s only to get ready for class on Tuesday and Wednesday. That’s not counting the stuff I need to do for Thursday or Friday, or the journal entries I need to do for my internship, or the list of things that are due Monday. It’s only the first week! Needless to say, this semester will be a busy one. Hopefully it won’t be as busy as last semester since there’s three fewer units this time around, but it will be a lot of time management.

I know it’s possible to do, and I need to continue to remind myself that this is only lasting for three and a half months. This isn’t what the rest of my life looks like, well, at least I hope not! I know that in these next few months God is going to teach me a lot about what I can handle, what is really important to me, and what it is that brings me great joy. I need to look for the positive in the little things each day whether that’s getting out of class early, getting a chance to sleep in because class was cancelled, or getting through some of the reading and actually understanding what it is I read. It’s celebrating the little victories that’s important. So, if you see me around campus and I look stressed, feel free to encourage me because believe me, I’ll need it. Oh, and if you see me on Facebook late at night, don’t hesitate to shoot me a message and remind me that things will be okay. I think this semester I’ll need all the cheerleaders I can get!