New Years Resolutions?

With the new year comes a lot of people making resolutions to do things differently or try something new. I’ve done that in the past, but let’s be honest, it didn’t work out for me very well. The resolutions lasted a month at best and then I was disappointed in myself, and feeling as if I failed, when in reality I just picked something that I wasn’t quite ready for. So, after being encouraged by one of my friends, Hailey, I am going to continue a few things this next year, especially when it comes to school.

I am going to continue not having to pull any all-nighters, unless it is with my youth group kids. I haven’t yet pulled an all-nighter, and I don’t plan on it, because I’m not a huge fan of them. I really like to sleep, but for some reason, my youth group kiddos cannot get enough of them. I am going to continue to turn my work in on time, and most likely continue to be encouraged by many others not to give up when I feel like dropping out. I am going to continue to put God first in my life. One of the ways I am tangibly doing this is by reading Live Second and participating in the I Am Second challenge as well as reading through the Bible 4 chapters a day. It’s manageable and it reminds me what it is that’s really important. I’m still trying to figure out when is the best time for me to do this, but pretty soon I’ll have a rhythm established. I am going to continue being present. Being in the moment and enjoying what I am experiencing, even if it is overwhelming at times. I’m also going to continue reading and crafting when I have a little extra time. But, let’s be real, that won’t be very often at all.

I’m enjoying this year so far, and I hope that as school starts, I continue to enjoy what God has given me this year, and continue more of the things I love.