2014 in Review

As I look back on this year, I can’t help but be proud of all that I’ve done and accomplished. It definitely had its ups and downs, but I wouldn’t change a single one of them. This year I started blogging each week for the first time. It’s been twenty-five weeks since my first post and I’ve enjoyed each week of writing and reflecting on the week. This is the first time I took 41 school units while working multiple part-time jobs throughout it all. I started a new job this year as the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry at Lord of Life, and had the opportunity to preach and lead worship yesterday, which was an incredible experience. It wasn’t the first time ever I preached, but it was the first time I researched and wrote my own sermon and I enjoyed it, regardless of how nervous I was. This year was also full of housesitting, which was fun to have a chance to “live” in different parts of the city. This year was full friends getting injured, and me being there for them, eventually. This year I found out I had to change my diet a little bit due to a sickness I have, but I’ve adjusted pretty well to it. This year I bought my first car and have managed to keep it in good condition thanks to some friends, parents, and the boyfriend. I’ve learned how to say no to people and although I am still learning, I’m proud of my progress. I wanted to read a lot of different books this summer and over this break and have really enjoyed reading for fun, and not just for class assignments. Although this year seemed like it was full of disappointment at times, I am excited with how it turned out. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of it, I wouldn’t change a thing since it all happened according to God’s perfect timing.