Thanksgiving in Six Parts

I don’t think Christmas music should be played before Thanksgiving. This is because otherwise we skip right over being thankful for all that we have and skip to buying more to make us happy. Therefore, I am very thankful for Thanksgiving, for the friends and family that gather together, and of course the food. This is why I celebrated Thanksgiving six different times this year. The first time was an unofficial Thanksgiving with a team I have spent the last fourteen months of my life with. Then there was the all school FPU Thanksgiving meal, and Youths-giving in Easton, my family Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving dessert at Patrick’s, and then Thanksgiving leftovers with the whole family. Needless to say, this year I have a lot to be thankful for, especially all the left-overs, including all the pie!

It’s something I forget about though, being thankful all year long. I forget that there’s so much to thank God for each day, from the time He wakes me up to the time I go to bed each night. The fact that there’s food to eat at each meal, warm blankets to cover me up at night, a car to drive me to and from school, and the ability to go to school to name just a few things. I’ve been doing the #100happydays challenge, which I’ve realized should be renamed to #100thankfuldays. Each of the things I’ve posted that I have been happy about are things I’ve been thankful about. I am thankful for all the experiences I’ve had over the last twenty plus years, the people I have gotten the chance to interact with, and all the memories that I’ve made at school, at home, at work, on the field, with friends, with family, or even by myself. I can’t wait to go through the rest of my life and realize many more things I am thankful for.