Other Duties as Assigned-Eating?

So last week I talked about other duties as assigned and why that was something I loved. Today, I wanted to talk a little bit more about one of those other duties as assigned. I didn’t mention it last week, but that duty is eating. Very frequently food appears in one of the offices, because someone tried out a new recipe, had leftovers, or had the urge to bring the rest of the team something delicious. Sometimes that’s cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, donuts, or most recently, cupcakes. Me being the loyal assistant that I am, of course I eat the food. I have to try whatever it is to ensure that it is not poisonous or will cause others to choke. Okay just kidding. I eat the food because I want to, and almost always it is delicious, and I’m hungry. As I eat whatever it is, I temporarily forget about everything else that is going on in life. I forget about the frustrations and stress that I have as I enjoy whatever it is I am eating.

It’s part of life. We have to stop and enjoy the little things that make us happy, and clearly one of those things is food for me. Not going to lie, amidst the busyness in life, the stress, and the frustration, sometimes I forget to eat. I forget to stop and take a moment to enjoy one of my favorite things in life. I forget to be still and appreciate all that’s been given to me and is in front of me. I forget that God is working in my life amidst the busyness, the craziness, the out-of-control-ness, and He’s working to provide me with what I need. He will always be there for me, supporting me and encouraging me, and sometimes all it takes is sitting down (or standing up) to eat a cupcake.