lifeoncampus_overwhelmed

Overwhelmed

The semester has gone by so quickly, and in some ways that’s a really good thing, and in others, that’s a terrible thing. It seems that this week is almost too busy to handle. I took time this morning to write down all the things that I need to do in the next 10 days and the list fills up both sides of a notepad piece of paper as shown below.

Needless to say, there’s a lot to do, and the list goes on and on. I’m overwhelmed, but as a few people reminded me, I can only do things one at a time. If I look at all that needs to be done, there’s no way any of it will actually get done well. I will be too panicked and overwhelmed to even know where to start. But, if I do one thing at a time, before I know it, everything on the list will be done. Now some of those things are as simple as posting this blog, or attending an event, but others are writing a 15 page paper, which I need to start before the night before. So in a way, they are all really important and will all take a significant portion of my time.

I’m overwhelmed, but there’s only one person who can really give me the peace I need. I have to turn it over to God. It’s hard because I like being in control. I like knowing what’s coming next and what I need to do, but I know that He has a better plan for me which means I have to give it all to Him. Not just the little things that I don’t want to deal with, but the big things too, in fact, all of it. It’s going to be hard, but I’ve got to take things one at a time and do the best that I can.

• Coe

Fantastic family who love the Lord and love others. Had the pleasure of serving and living alongside them in Thailand. They are humble, servant hearted, hard working missionaries who also are such a joy!!