The Triangle of College

As I write this blog post, one diagram comes to mind.

College

I’m looking back on this last week and realize that this is most definitely the case in my life right now, except throw a couple part-time jobs in the mix. But, this is the life of a college student. The life of someone who wants to do well in school, wants to have friends, and wants to get a few hours of sleep in the midst of it all. This last week, I definitely went social heavy. It’s not a bad thing, since sometimes I don’t spend any time with people outside my family, so to be around people was pretty awesome. I was also able to get all my homework done and then some, so I was able to spend time around people.

I spent many hours with Nicolas Bergen (an FPU student) at his rehab facility and had a wonderful time visiting with him. We told jokes, built a marshmallow tower, ate some good food, and took lots of pictures. It’s so encouraging to see him progressing so well and every day I go visit him, that progress is very clear. I also got to visit the Caruthers Fair for the first time this weekend. It definitely isn’t as big as the Fresno Fair, but it was a great time, and I am so glad I got to go! I was able to see some friends I haven’t seen for a while and meet someone who runs an awesome non-profit. I want to help, if I have some time for it!

In an earlier blog post I talked about a new job of mine as the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries at a church in town. This last week was one of the bigger events of the youth group year, the See You at the Pole Rally. This event is something that local youth pastors of the Fresno/Clovis area get together and plan for a month or two prior. It is planned to be a place for students from different churches around town to connect with each other and pray for their schools. During this rally, there was a time for prayer, and during this time, my calling to ministry was confirmed. Through the different events that happened that night, I felt God telling me that working with these kids is exactly what I’m supposed to be doing. It was a powerful time for me and I am so glad I was able to hear God’s confirmation in life. Although this was technically work time, it was also social, and fun, and I was able to connect with other youth leaders and students from around the city.

Looking at the different things due in the next week or so, it looks like this week will be a good grades heavy week, hopefully sometime soon, it will be a sleep heavy week!