A Time for Change

Summer usually means that there is some sort change. A change of schedule. A change of scenery. A change of alarm clocks. And most definitely, a change of workload. Sometimes it’s less work, and other times it’s more, but regardless it’s nothing like school work. This summer has brought about a lot of change for me. From housesitting each week at a different house to different youth events, to a new job, it’s been pretty incredible!

Today marks my first day at my new job. This means yet another change for me. I will not be attending the church I grew up in nearly as frequently because I will be working at a new church as the Youth Director. I am really excited for this change, but there’s a lot of emotions that goes with it. First off, I am leaving the people that I have spent twenty years building relationships with to start over. Second, I won’t get to be around the awesome kids I’ve worked with for the last three years. Third, I’ll be doing something new, that’s a little bit outside of my comfort zone. Despite all the emotions of leaving, I am so excited to start my new job. I’m excited to meet new people, to get to know other amazing kids, and to spread my wings and fly.

This is many thanks to FPU too. My different ministry professors are equipping me with the skills I need to be an effective youth leader, and I couldn’t be more grateful. The nine books for just my two ministry classes in the fall will be extremely helpful, and I cannot wait to read about different tips for working with the youth.

I’m really excited for this next chapter in my life and for all the changes that will occur in the near future.