Hey! I’m Sara!

Hey there! My name is Sara and I am a student at Fresno Pacific. I have been at the school for two years now, and it has been incredible. Fresno Pacific was the school I wanted to go to since I was in eighth grade when my mom started taking classes at FPU to get a certificate. There was something about the campus and the people that drew me in, and I couldn’t get the thought of coming here out of my head. Through different scholarships and God working in my life and the life of others, I was able to attend Fresno Pacific, and my family could afford for me to go to a Private Christian College. I live on campus even though my home is only twenty-five minutes away with no traffic, and living on campus is an experience I suggest everyone has.

I cannot believe that I am half way done with my undergraduate career. Now that doesn’t mean that I’m almost done with school. I am currently planning to go to Seminary to get my Masters of Divinity since I want to be a pastor, and that’s at least another 3 years of schooling. I’m excited to take that next step in my life and can’t wait to see where God will lead me. I might also go on to get my Teaching Credential and my Masters degree in Education, but I’m not sure yet.

So before I let you into my life on campus, I’d like to tell you more about me. I have a younger brother who just graduated high school and is moving away for college next year. We have a German Shepherd who is only fifty pounds and she’s three years old. She believes she is a lap dog although that is not the case at all. I have survived college thus far without drinking a drop of coffee. I don’t think it tastes that great, and I’d much rather drink tea instead. Although, if I go to Starbucks I will get either a hot or cold Vanilla Chai Latte, or a Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino to drink, among other types of tea. It totally depends on the mood I am in that day. My favorite colors are light teal and rose pink.

I am double majoring in Liberal Studies (to be a teacher), and Contemporary Christian Ministries (to be a youth pastor and eventually pastor). On campus I am involved in Crosswind, which is the contemporary Christian music choir on campus. I played in the Woodwind Ensemble last year, but did not have time for it this year unfortunately. I also work on campus with an awesome department. Off campus, I am actively involved at my church where I participate in Overboard (the college and young adult group), and help with the junior high students. I would not trade this opportunity for the world. I house-sit, dog-sit and cater when opportunities come up. So, needless to say, I am pretty busy.

If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would probably be Me-N-Ed’s pizza because there are so many different toppings you could put on it to make it taste a little different each time. I also really like Chipotle and would not mind eating that forever. When I walk into a room the song that would play is “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey because I constantly remind myself of how better things are to come, and I can’t give up yet. I like watching Bones and NCIS, although with my schedule I rarely find time to watch both series. I was introduced to One Tree Hill at the end of my freshmen year, and proceeded to watch the entire series in a little over a month. Needless to say I really enjoyed it! A really random fact about me is that my feet are the same size and I usually wear matching socks. When I have free time, I like to make bracelets, knit (yes, like an old lady), read, and occasionally clean my room and other parts of the house. I look forward to blogging throughout the summer and school year to keep you posted on what goes on with campus life.