photo-11-e1395431274302

Transitioning into Spring

The second half of the second semester has officially begun and students are busier than ever. With only eight weeks left of school, everyone is hustling to finish papers, ace exams, bring up their grades, register for next year, plan for the summer and somehow still have time to enjoy college life. In the midst of all of this craziness, I am actually finding peace at this time. I think it’s because I already know what to expect from each of my classes, and I’ve proven to myself that I can handle all of my commitments. I am also encouraged by my residents, who have grown so much in the past year and have helped me do the same. God continually surprises me.

I don’t know how I’ll get through the next several weeks, but I know they’re going to go by fast. They always do. I am working on organizing my time better so that I can get everything done. One of the hardest parts about being an R.A. is balancing the time I spend with my residents and the time I spend studying. I definitely haven’t studied as much this semester as I would like to, but looking back at the late nights I’ve spent giggling with my girls, I can’t say that I regret it. I still get my work done, I just find that I am not getting as much done ahead of time like I used to. Classes are getting harder though, and so I’m trying not to expect myself to always be ahead of the game.

I haven’t thought much about the month ahead. I know I want to do an event for my girls next week called “Brainiacs at the Bonfire” where my residents and I can make s’mores around the fire pit and hopefully have some good conversations. This weekend I will be speaking at our school’s President’s Circle Dinner to thank donors for helping me attend this school. I also hope to start swimming again in the FPU pool because I really miss it. I am actually considering applying to be a swim coach in Visalia this summer. Also, I am officially going to be an R.A. for sophomore girls next year! I was woken up at five in the morning on Friday before break and taken to breakfast with the new Res Life Staff. I would love to have freshman girls again, but I think sophomore girls are a little less time consuming, which is good because I will be even busier next year. Next semester I will be taking Organic Chemistry and Physics, meaning I will be in lab for six hours a week! I’m not going to stress out about it, though! I know I can do it.

I am so excited for Spring to come! I am looking forward to see what the season brings. I will keep you updated.

Vanessa