February Fun

I think February is my new favorite month. There are so many awesome things going on and it really makes me happy.

During the first weekend in February, Dominic and I went on a day trip to Carmel and Monterey Bay together. This event was put on by the FPU Commuter Council. First, we spent a few hours wandering in Carmel. It was such a beautiful area. Dominic practically had to drag me out of the boutiques! We then went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Our favorite part was watching the workers feed the baby sea otters. Dominic and I decided that we should make a visit to the aquarium every year because we liked it so much.

photo-10

As Valentine’s Day approached, I wanted to find ways to show my residents love. At the beginning of the month we all decorated brown paper bags to leave outside of our doors. I then left a few boxes of valentines on the coffee table so that the girls could fill each other’s bags with them. It felt like we were all in elementary school again because we were all looking forward to our little bag of goodies. I also made my girls chocolate-covered strawberries and left them out on valentine’s morning which they loved.

1653906_10203327694102753_496058793_n

Along with the valentine’s fun, I also hosted an event for my girls yesterday called “Wings and Wisdom.” The monthly wellness highlight for February is vocational wellness, and so I came up with the idea to have a handful of seniors come to my module speak to my residents during lunch about how they chose their major and the experiences they’ve had while in college. To make it a little more fun, I provided free buffalo wings from Wingstop for everyone. I was lucky enough to have seven seniors come to speak who were majoring in pre-med, biology, liberal studies, communication, and biblical studies. Overall, I think it went really well.

Currently, I am looking forward to re-applying for an RA job next year. I am thinking I want to be a sophomore RA and have my best friend Miranda be my assistant RA. My brother is also on my mind as tomorrow he will be accepting an offer to play water polo at UC Davis next year. I think the school will be a good fit for him.

Believe it or not, I have even more exciting news. Next week we will be having another Encounter and next Saturday I am going on the FPU trip to Disneyland with Miranda and Dominic! Our school provides some great opportunities.

Well, I hope your month has been as wonderful as mine! As always, keep me in your prayers!

Vanessa