Midterms and Break

How do students survive Midterms Week? For many of us, they are a pretty big deal. Some teachers don’t have multiple tests throughout the semester, but instead have one midterm and one final that comprises the student’s entire test grade. Talk about pressure. I don’t like this idea because the midterms are often worth a lot more points than an actual test, and if someone’s having a bad test day they’re out of luck. Most people do terrible on a test at least once in their life, so I don’t think it’s fair to assess like eight weeks of knowledge in one test. I find that a lot of students know the material, but the fact that the test is a midterm makes it so much easier for them to mess up. The stress from taking a test can cause so much distraction. Thankfully, I only have two midterms this semester, which isn’t bad at all. Actually, one of them I take after break which doesn’t make sense because the break is supposed to be a break from school for a week. How am I supposed to relax if I have my midterm on medieval history to worry about? Somehow I have a feeling I’ll be very busy at home next week. Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely grateful for our time off, but I think it came at the wrong time. I guess our Midterm Break is blended with our Spring Break, because we don’t get time off for Easter. I’m just curious as to why they would have it in the first week of March. I understand how it literally lands in the middle of the semester, but I wish it came later so I could see my friends who come home later. Okay, enough of my ranting. I did have something great happen to me today that I would love to share: I’m going to be a Resident’s Assistant next semester! I applied on a whim and trusted that God would know what’s best for me, and this morning I found out I got the job. I can’t even explain how excited I am! Next year should be great. However, I have a lot of big decisions to make before then, and so I ask for your prayers. Well, I’m off to take an Oral Communication midterm now. Wish me luck!

Vanessa

I got asked to be an RA with this flower!