So Much to Do in so Little Time…

Today is the start of my fifth week here at FPU. Wow, it feels weird writing that. Time has flown by and that excites me because Christmas will be here before we know it! I am having a really good time here. I stay pretty busy between classes, studying, and my job, but I also make sure to set aside time to relax in the evenings. My daily schedule really fluctuates, and it can be difficult to plan time to do certain things. Something huge I am learning is not only how to manage my time, but how to prioritize. There will be days when I sit on my computer for hours on end until all of my work is caught up and I am ahead in many of my classes, but there are also days where I don’t even get to start my homework!  Take my Mondays for example. On the first Monday of every month, I start the day with Chemistry from 9 to 10 a.m., Freshman Seminar from 10 to 11 a.m., Pre Calculus from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., lunch from 12 to 1 p.m., Jesus and the Christian Community from 1 to 2:30 p.m., work from 3 to 5:30 p.m., Leadership from 6 to 10 p.m., and a meeting with the girls in my module from 10 to 11 p.m. Talk about a busy day! There is no way I have time to study on those days, but I am learning that this is okay. I don’t mean it’s okay to put off homework every night, but because of the way classes are set up, there’s no need to work 24/7. That’s just unhealthy. As the school year goes on, I’m finding that each professor is different. I’m learning what kind of work they expect on say, homework and tests for example, and the ways that they teach. For instance, I spend a lot more time studying chemistry than reading articles for my self-defense class because chemistry is a lot more difficult and is worth more credit. Time is precious as a college student. There are times when I think to myself: What am I doing to be productive right now? But I’m slowly learning to find a balance between work and play. In college, the work load is definitely heavier and the expectations are higher, but they’re not impossible. It also really helps that all of my necessary daily activities take place in one area. It definitely saves time to have my school, job, and house all in the same area. That caused a lot of changes in my routine, but I think they are positive ones. Anyways, I need to go because I have a lot to do! I’ll try and write soon. Thanks for reading!

Vanessa

The stress isn’t too bad when you’re on such a beautiful campus!