Celebrating School Library Month with New Research on California’s School Libraries

AASL_SLM2018_470sq

April is School Library Month and it also happens to be National Library Week, so it seems fitting that I share the results of my dissertation research entitled A Collective Case Study to Examine Administrators’ Instructional Leadership Perspective of the Role of Instructional Coaches and Teacher Librarians in California Public Schools.  It is available for download here: http://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/doctoral/1663 

It is quite lengthy, so if you are short on time I recommend focusing on Chapters 2, 4, and 5.  If you are really short on time, skip to Chapter 5 as it provides a brief overview of the results and important implications for the field.  For those not familiar with the teacher librarian position, Chapter 2 provides a detailed overview of the role and the current state of the profession in California.  Feel free to contact me with any questions at melanie.lewis@fresno.edu or 559-453-5576.  Happy reading!

nlw18-social-media_10-compass-instagram-share-image