The World is Open

In my research for my course paper this week, I spent some time in Dr. Curtis Bonk’s book, Empowering Online Learning:  100 + Activities for Reading, Reflecting, Displaying and Doing.  Dr. Bonk was the keynote speaker at our very 1st BLEND (Better Learning through Engagement, Networking and Delivery) Conference at FPU in 2008.   He challenged us to move our online courses to the next level.  As I spent some time in his book, I was reminded about his encouragement to us.   I plan to continue to expand the activities in my online courses.  My students deserve it.

But since that time, he has written a new book entitled, The World is Open:  How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education.  I just ordered it on Amazon and downloaded it to my iPad.  His thoughts will be valuable to me as I continue my studies.   If you would like to get a synopsis of his thoughts, you can watch his keynote presentation that he gave at the 2008 Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning.  The world is changing and thought leaders such as Dr. Curtis Bonk are leading the way.  Let’s learn from him and get moving !