Web 2.0 in the Classroom

Matt GehrettFor the next few weeks (or months), I want to highlight Web 2.0 applications and how they can be used in the classroom.  I have an extensive background in educational technology and its successful use to further student learning.  In fact, I currently teach courses for our School of Education in the area of integrating technology into the classroom.  Through these classes, my students are currently exploring the use of Web 2.0 technologies in their classroom lessons and they are having amazing results.  So …  let’s get started with our first Web 2.0 tool.

Are you tired of boring PowerPoint Presentations?  Want to do something new and exciting with your students?  Check out http://prezi.com.  This Web 2.0 tool allows you to create a presentation for free and post it on web.  To see and example, just click play on the box to the right.

What do you think?  Could you use this tool in your classroom?  Give me your thoughts …