Continuing the Conversation

by Matt Gehrett on March 25, 2011

CUE Conference Logo

Last week, I attended and presented at the California Computer Using Educators (CUE) conference in Palm Springs, CA. It was a positive, highly engaging experience for more than 3000 K-14 educators. There were more than 100 sessions on integrating technology into the classroom. Every tech tool imaginable was demonstrated on the product floor and each session focused on the pedagogy and skills needed to use these tools to effectively enhance teaching and improve student achievement. For me, the hottest tool of the conference was the iPad. Those sessions were so full that people were standing outside trying to listen in.

So … this was great for those in attendance but the conversation continues.  CUE uses tools to capture sessions at at the conference and puts them online for free access.  You can find these resources here.   But, CUE is not the only one.  There are other conferences that do the same thing as well as conferences that are fully online and do not even have a geographic location.   One such conference is the Florida Education Technology Conference, Virtual Conference and Expo.  This event is free and you can attend from anywhere.  The event is totally online and interactive.  You can even win great prizes.  Check it out and register before April 28th.  I plan to participate from my office in Fresno.

These are just a couple of examples.   I know there are more opportunities like this out there … feel free to share and help us continue the conversation …

Previous post:

Next post: